Everyday, we interact on the internet without thinking about it. The Introduction to Cyber Security course is a beginner’s guide to protect you or your employees from the risk that cyber criminals pose. This eLearning course will help learners understand how hackers and bots can access your system and how to keep your information and personal data safe from online fraud.
Cyber crime incidents are becoming increasingly common. It is possible for personal data to be leaked, customer accounts can be compromised, and there can be major financial complications that can directly affect your organisation. It is important that businesses of all sizes are aware of cyber security, how it can affect every day operations and how this this can be prevented.
Why take this course?
Upon completion of this course learners will be able to reduce every day risks and understand the possible harm that can be caused using real life examples. You will gain a working understanding of the stats and information around cyber security, including the different types of malicious software.
- The risk to cyber security
- An everyday risk
- Facing everyday risks
- Possible harm
- Real life examples
- Cyber security risk
- When it goes wrong
- Reducing risk
- Finding your cyber security policy
- About risk management
- About shortcuts
- Why have a risk management regime
- Your action plan
Having completed this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the risks associated with cyber activity.
- Explain how to protect your network from attack using anti-malware defences.
- State the process for responding to a cyberattack or a suspicious incident.
- Understand the levels of access to data and your restrictions within these.
- Identify additional security measures required for working from home or remote locations.
- Explain the risks associated with the use of removable media and how to maintain their security.
- Implement best practice cyber security guidance into your work, as set out by industry standards and your organisations policies.
- Identify the weak points in your network and devices, and therefore where you need to action changes.
This introduction to cyber security course is aimed at employees who use devices to store data or connect to the internet in their day-to-day role. This course will help employees protect their organisations from cyber crimes.
Test and certificate
The end of course test consists of 30 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test three times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion.
This course will take approximately one and a half to two hours to complete. As an e-learning course you can complete this training in convenient stages. The learning management system will record your progress throughout.