The UK Bribery Act 2010 came into force on 1st July 2011, making it a legal requirement for all businesses that operate within the UK to ensure adequate protection and training is in place against bribery and corruption in the workplace.
Our Bribery Act e-learning course has been developed from the ground up with experts, to help you understand the corporate offence of failing to prevent bribery, and how to put procedures into place with staff relating to the new legislation, and by making use of online training, job disruption is minimised as the course can be completed around your staff’s current workflow.
What is Covered?
Breach of the Bribery Act 2010 is enforceable by law and can carry a prison sentence of up to 10 years, and unlimited fines. This training has been designed to create awareness of how to recognise a bribe, what should be done in the event of bribery being discovered, and how to put procedures in place that show your company has taken adequate measure to prevent bribery in the workplace. We have also addressed the complicated high risk area of corporate hospitality
The subjects covered in this Virtual College course include:
- An introduction to the Bribery Act 2010
- Risk assessment
- Due diligence, communication and training
- Liabilities and penalties
- Law enforcement
- Case Studies
Upon successfully completing this e-learning course, learners will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and scope of the Bribery Act 2010
- Be able to identify types of offences outlined in the act; namely offering and receiving a bribe, bribing a foreign public official and the corporate offence of failing to prevent bribery
- Understand the implications for the company and the individual
- Understand the consequences and penalties associated with breaching the Bribery Act
On completion of this course you will be able to download a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately 1 - 2 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
This course is targeted primarily at businesses and individuals who are self-employed; however, it will also be of use to anyone who would like to increase their awareness of this new legislation.