The aim of the course is to give you an awareness of the radicalisation process so you can feel confident about being proactive in taking a multi-agency approach to early intervention and support.
After completing this course you should:
- Understand what extremism and radicalisation are and why it is important to discuss and address these
- Know the main elements of the Prevent strand of the government’s CONTEST strategy
- Better understand what makes people vulnerable to radicalisation
- Know your responsibilities and recognise indicators that radicalisation might be taking place
A number of subject matter experts contributed to this course, including Lincolnshire Safeguarding Adults Board, Lincolnshire Safeguarding Children Board and Safe in Tees Valley.
- Welcome and Learning Outcomes
- Prevent Strategy
- The Radicalisation Process
- What should I do?
- Summary and Further Reading
On completion of this course you will be able to download and print a Virtual College certificate.
Approximately an hour to an hour and a half to complete. However, the length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like.
All professionals who work in sectors where they come into contact with people who may be vulnerable to radicalisation, whether they are adults, children or young people.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
£30 + VAT (£36 inc. VAT)