Making a role redundant requires great sensitivity and knowledge of the correct legal process. This module will help you to understand how to do it fairly so that it has the minimum impact on staff morale.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Define what constitutes a redundancy
- Describe the legal framework
- Explain the process of a fair redundancy
- Describe the benefits of a systematic approach
- Design a fair selection criteria
- Highlight the importance of consultation with employees
- Identify ways in which organisations can prevent a redundancy situation
- Consider issues that will impact on redundancy pay entitlement
- Be aware of an employee’s entitlement to appeal
This course covers:
- Welcome and learning objectives
- Introduction to redundancy
- Consulting employees
- Suitable alternative employment
- Redundancy payment
Approximately 1–2 hours but this online learning is self-paced so you can proceed at a speed that works for you.
This course is for managers who may have to make staff roles redundant.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
The content of this Virtual College course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
When you have successfully completed your course online, you will be able to download your certificate.